qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] SUMMARY: Re: [RFC 1/1] nbd (specification): add N

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] SUMMARY: Re: [RFC 1/1] nbd (specification): add NBD_CMD_WRITE_ZEROES command
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:29:45 +0000

On 18 Feb 2016, at 17:23, Denis V. Lunev <address@hidden> wrote:

> - ability to skip zeroes during read operation, i.e. something like
> READ2 command
>   which will return vector of chunks as a reply

> If there are no objections I'll sum this up and come with a
> specification draft.

If you are fixing READ2 to allow a vector based reply, please also
consider allowing an error to be part of that vector. The protocol
currently has an issue where it is non-obvious how to return
an error encountered midway through a long read where some
data has already been sent to the client (from memory
i.e. unless it's already been fixed).

--
Alex Bligh