qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] why restrict pull reqs to signed tags?

From: Ard Biesheuvel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] why restrict pull reqs to signed tags?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 19:40:44 +0700

On 9 March 2016 at 19:38, David Woodhouse <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 13:31 +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>>

>> The website based review is a big minus:
>> - email is more flexible for formulating a careful, detailed review
>
> Well, assuming people are capable of using email competently. Which
> isn't necessarily the case in the EDK2 world. But anyway, I don't think
> anyone is suggesting that we *not* require patches to be posted in
> email for review. So that's something of a digression.,

Laszlo is going to shoot me for saying this, but as a compromise
between the Windows crowd in the Intel firmware team and the more
Linux/open source oriented people on the opposite side, using github
does not sound like an entirely unreasonable compromise. At least it
means no emails anymore with garbled patches and 300 character lines
in the commit log