qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] TCG question reg. tcg_cpu_exec()

From: Pranith Kumar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] TCG question reg. tcg_cpu_exec()
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:26:11 -0400

Hello Paolo,

I have a question reg. tcg_cpu_exec(cpu) which is called from tcg_exec_all().

tcg_cpu_exec() is called for each cpu in a loop. I observed that this
call does not always execute TBs on that particular CPU. It return
because the exit_request is set.

I am trying to understand what scenarios can result in no TBs
executing for that CPU. My understanding is that there is a pending
operation which needs to be handled before we can execute TBs from
this CPU(I/O?).

Can you please explain what is happening or point me to the relevant
portions of the code I need to look at to understand why this is
happening?

Thanks!
--
Pranith