qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Our use of #include is undisciplined, and what to do ab

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Our use of #include is undisciplined, and what to do about it
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:51:53 +0100

On 15/03/2016 13:19, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 15/03/2016 10:29, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>>> NEED_CPU_H further adds
>>>
>>>     include/disas/bfd.h
>>>     include/exec/cpu-all.h
>>>     include/exec/cpu-common.h
>>>     include/exec/cpu-defs.h
>>>     include/exec/exec-all.h
>>>     include/exec/hwaddr.h
>>>     include/exec/memattrs.h
>>>     include/exec/memory.h
>>>     include/hw/hotplug.h
>>>     include/hw/i386/apic.h
>>>     include/hw/irq.h
>>>     include/hw/qdev-core.h
>>>     include/qemu/bitmap.h
>>>     include/qemu/bitops.h
>>>     include/qemu/int128.h
>>>     include/qemu/log.h
>>>     include/qemu/notify.h
>>>     include/qemu/rcu.h
>>>     include/qemu/thread-posix.h
>>>     include/qemu/thread.h
>>>     include/qom/cpu.h
>>>     include/qom/object.h
>>>     include/standard-headers/asm-x86/hyperv.h
>>>     include/standard-headers/linux/types.h
>>>     target-i386/cpu-qom.h
>>>     target-i386/cpu.h
>>>     target-i386/svm.h
>>>     tcg/i386/tcg-target.h
>>>     x86_64-softmmu/config-target.h
>>
>> FWIW, I'm going to do something about this in 2.7.  I have patches to
>> remove cpu.h inclusion from qemu-common.h.
>
> Appreciated!

Now pushed to github.com/bonzini/qemu.git branch need-cpu-h.
Shortlog follows:

Paolo Bonzini (48):
      include: move some definitions out of qemu-common.h
      log: do not use CONFIG_USER_ONLY
      hw: explicitly include qemu-common.h and cpu.h
      cpu: make cpu-qom.h only include-able from cpu.h
      target-alpha: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-arm: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-cris: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-i386: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-lm32: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-m68k: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-microblaze: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-mips: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-ppc: do not use target_ulong in cpu-qom.h
      target-ppc: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-s390x: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-sh4: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-sparc: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-tricore: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-unicore32: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      target-xtensa: make cpu-qom.h not target specific
      arm: include cpu-qom.h in files that require ARMCPU
      m68k: include cpu-qom.h in files that require M68KCPU
      sh4: include cpu-qom.h in files that require M68KCPU
      alpha: include cpu-qom.h in files that require AlphaCPU
      mips: use MIPSCPU instead of CPUMIPSState
      ppc: use PowerPCCPU instead of CPUPPCState
      arm: remove useless cpu.h inclusion
      explicitly include qom/cpu.h
      explicitly include hw/qdev-core.h
      explicitly include linux/kvm.h
      apic: move target-dependent definitions to cpu.h
      include: poison symbols in osdep.h
      hw: do not use VMSTATE_*TL
      hw: move CPU state serialization to migration/cpu.h
      hw: cannot include hw/hw.h from user emulation
      cpu: move endian-dependent load/store functions to cpu-all.h
      qemu-common: stop including qemu/bswap.h from qemu-common.h
      qemu-common: stop including qemu/host-utils.h from qemu-common.h
      gdbstub: remove includes from gdbstub-xml.c
      dma: do not depend on kvm_enabled()
      do not include qemu-common.h in hw/hw.h
      s390x: move stuff out of cpu.h
      qemu-common: push cpu.h inclusion out of qemu-common.h
      arm: move arm_log_exception into .c file
      mips: move CP0 functions out of cpu.h
      hw: explicitly include qemu/log.h
      exec: extract exec/tb-context.h
      cpu: move exec-all.h inclusion out of cpu.h