[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] [PATCH v6 00/11] Add new LUKS block driver
Daniel P. Berrange
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] [PATCH v6 00/11] Add new LUKS block driver (for 2.6)
Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:15:00 +0100
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:13:55AM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 23.03.2016 um 14:53 hat Kevin Wolf geschrieben:
> > Am 21.03.2016 um 15:11 hat Daniel P. Berrange geschrieben:
> > > This series is just the block layer parts needed to add
> > > a LUKS driver to QEMU. It was previously posted as part
> > > of the larger series
> > >
> > > v1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-11/msg04748.html
> > > v2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-block/2016-01/msg00534.html
> > > v3: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-02/msg03176.html
> > > v4: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-02/msg06552.html
> > > v5: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg04397.html
> > >
> > > The crypto subsystem pieces that this series depends on have now
> > > all been merged.
> > >
> > > In this posting I am only proposing merge of the generic LUKS
> > > driver. This can be added as a layer above any of the existing
> > > drivers for accessing LUKS formatted volumes.
> > >
> > > When creating new volumes, however, only the file backend can
> > > be used, since the block driver API doesn't allow for arbitrary
> > > stacking of protocols when creating images.
> > >
> > > The integration with the qcow2 driver to replace the existing
> > > built-in AES-CBC code is dropped from this series, postponed
> > > until the 2.7 development cycle.
> > >
> > > There is a QEMU I/O test 149 that exercises the LUKS driver
> > > and checks for compatibility with the dm-crypt/cryptsetup
> > > impl.
> > Thanks, applied to the block branch.
> I need to drop patches 8 to 11 because they break qcow2 tests. Test case
> updates are okay during hard freeze, so please send fixed versions of
> these patches even after today.
Yep, I saw that message about breakage and will work on a fix today and
|: http://berrange.com -o- http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: http://entangle-photo.org -o- http://live.gnome.org/gtk-vnc :|
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 07/11] block: move encryption deprecation warning into qcow code, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 07/11] block: move encryption deprecation warning into qcow code, Daniel P. Berrange, 2016/03/21
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 09/11] block: add support for encryption secrets in block I/O tests, Daniel P. Berrange, 2016/03/21
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 10/11] block: enable testing of LUKS driver with block I/O tests, Daniel P. Berrange, 2016/03/21
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 11/11] block: an interoperability test for luks vs dm-crypt/cryptsetup, Daniel P. Berrange, 2016/03/21
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 00/11] Add new LUKS block driver (for 2.6), Kevin Wolf, 2016/03/21
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v6 00/11] Add new LUKS block driver (for 2.6), Kevin Wolf, 2016/03/23