qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interfac

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interface() if interface not defined
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 18:01:35 +0100

On 3 April 2016 at 17:57, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> not necessarily, in my build configuration I have if's that
>>> exclude most of the files non related to Cortex-M.
>>
>> boot.o is in obj-y; it is (I think) impossible to
>> build a v7M supporting QEMU without boot.o unless you've modified
>> the makefiles for some reason.
>
> that's nothing more than the usual make magic, most of the makefiles look
> like this:
>

> ifeq ($(CONFIG_GNU_ARM_ECLIPSE),n)

This is you changing QEMU to not compile a file that was
previously always compiled. If you do that then it's
not surprising if things might break when you move to an
upstream version, that's all.

Ideally we'd have more CONFIG_SOME_DEVICE and CONFIG_SOME_BOARD
checks here the way we do for the more recent boards like
the Xilinx and iMX ones, then you could disable boards
you didn't want in the config file.

thanks
-- PMM