[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 0/9] target-mips: Initiate IEEE 754-2008 support
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 0/9] target-mips: Initiate IEEE 754-2008 support for Mips
Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:03:33 +0200
From: Aleksandar Markovic <address@hidden>
v5 - platform initialization code revisited one more time;
- handling of CLASS.<S|D> and their MSA counterparts revisited;
- better orgranization of patches (squashing, splitting);
- corrected handling of <CEIL|CVT|FLOOR|ROUND|TRUNC>.<L|W>.<S|D>;
- code cleanup item in genfarith() - order of cases;
- scripts/checkpatch.pl executed and errors addressed.
v4 - Added code cleanup items:
a. Capitalization of hex constants in softfloat-specialize.h;
b. White spaces in softfloat-specialize.h;
c. Order of Mips helpers for CVT.<L|W>.<S|D>.
v3 - Patch series reorganized into 6 patches instead of 2.
- Commit messages improved.
- Except commit messages, net result of applying v3 and v2 is the same.
v2 - Relevant CPU initialization code changes revisited for all platforms.
- In connection with <CEIL|CVT|FLOOR|ROUND|TRUNC>.<L|W>.<S|D> and
<ABS|NEG>.<S|D> Mips instructions handling, decision on whether
pre-nan2008/pre-abs2008 or nan2008/abs2008 handling will apply
moved from run-time to translate-time.
- For Mips only, in nan2008 cases only, default NaN values fixed.
- For Mips only, in nan2008 cases only, order in pickNaNMulAdd() fixed.
- Code cleanup issues:
a. Constants <floatx80|float128>_default_nan_<low|high> removed;
b. Suffix <l|w>_<s|d> replaced with _<l|w>_<s|d> for some Mips helpers;
c. In vicinity of changes, fixed not-beautiful code formatting.
- Commit messages improved.
V1 - Initial version
Mips platform represents the most complex case among QEMU-supported
platforms in reference to certain aspects of floating-point arithmetics.
This is mostly a consequence of the fact that Mips platform, for many
reasons, evolved considerably over time related to floating-point
arithmetics standards (significantly more than other platforms).
It has been difficult for emulators like QEMU to support such variety
This patch series provides number of IEEE 754-2008-related features to
Mips platform. It addresses the most sensitive changes that require
modification of SoftFloat library, that is used by most other platforms.
In order to make develpoment, testing, and integration easier, the patch
is split into two distinct parts:
1. Part 1 (patches 1/9, 2/9, 3/9) that does not change any calculation
or behavior on any platform (and, for that matter, even on Mips
platform). Its sole purpose is to address platform independant
issues in a non-invasive manner, and to make Part 2 possible.
2. Part 2 (patches 4/9, 5/9, 6/9, 7/9, 8/9, 9/9) that sets some Mips
architecures to use provisions from Part 1, and additionally implements
some of IEEE 754-2008-relates features for Mips, while, at the same time,
dealing with files located in directory target-mips only.
A limitation of this patch series is that it does not cover all IEEE 754-2008
Mips issues (for example, handling FCR31's FS bit, handling R3 and R5
architectures details, some gdb issues, ELF header nan2008-related changes).
However, hopefully all remaining such issues will touch only Mips-specific
source code files, and thus will be much easier to integrate in QEMU, and,
of course, will not be disruptive to orher platforms.
This patch series is based on the original set of patches proposed by Maciej W.
Aleksandar Markovic (9):
softfloat: Implement run-time-configurable meaning of signaling NaN bit
softfloat: For Mips only, correct default NaN values
softfloat: For Mips only, correct order in pickNaNMulAdd()
target-mips: Amend processor definitions in relation to FCR31
target-mips: Activate IEEE 274-2008 signaling NaN bit meaning
target-mips: Add abs2008 flavor of <ABS|NEG>.<S|D>
target-mips: Add nan2008 flavor of <CEIL|CVT|FLOOR|ROUND|TRUNC>.<L|W>.<S|D>
target-mips: Clean up position and order of helpers for CVT.<L|W>.<S|D>
target-mips: Clean up position of abs2008/nan2008 cases in genfarith()
fpu/softfloat-specialize.h | 664 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
fpu/softfloat.c | 172 +++++------
include/fpu/softfloat.h | 45 +--
target-arm/helper-a64.c | 14 +-
target-arm/helper.c | 40 +--
target-m68k/helper.c | 6 +-
target-microblaze/op_helper.c | 6 +-
target-mips/cpu.h | 5 +
target-mips/helper.h | 22 +-
target-mips/msa_helper.c | 98 ++++---
target-mips/op_helper.c | 435 +++++++++++++++++++++++----
target-mips/translate.c | 251 +++++++++++-----
target-mips/translate_init.c | 18 +-
target-ppc/fpu_helper.c | 120 ++++----
target-s390x/fpu_helper.c | 28 +-
target-s390x/helper.h | 6 +-
target-s390x/translate.c | 6 +-
target-sh4/cpu.c | 1 +
target-sparc/translate.c | 2 +-
target-unicore32/cpu.c | 2 +
20 files changed, 1211 insertions(+), 730 deletions(-)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 0/9] target-mips: Initiate IEEE 754-2008 support for Mips,
Aleksandar Markovic <=
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 4/9] target-mips: Amend processor definitions in relation to FCR31, Aleksandar Markovic, 2016/04/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 2/9] softfloat: For Mips only, correct default NaN values, Aleksandar Markovic, 2016/04/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 6/9] target-mips: Add abs2008 flavor of <ABS|NEG>.<S|D>, Aleksandar Markovic, 2016/04/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 3/9] softfloat: For Mips only, correct order in pickNaNMulAdd(), Aleksandar Markovic, 2016/04/18
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 5/9] target-mips: Activate IEEE 274-2008 signaling NaN bit meaning, Aleksandar Markovic, 2016/04/18