[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 0/5] block: Fix assertion failure at
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 0/5] block: Fix assertion failure at mirror exit
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 21:58:21 +0800
On Fri, 04/22 16:49, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 06:55:59PM +0800, Fam Zheng wrote:
> > v2: Go along the is_external appraoch. [Kevin]
> > I tested this series survives the "snapshot + commit" loop reproducer with
> > both
> > bonnie++ and RHEL installation in the guest.
> > This supersedes the "virtio: Register host notifier handler as external"
> > patch
> > from yesterday.
> > The bug was initially reported by Matthew Schumacher as LaunchPad Bug
> > 1570134,
> > and nicely bisected by Max Reitz. See patch 2 for the analysis.
> I reviewed patches 1-3 now.
> I could merge them but I'd rather not merge patches 4-5 myself though.
> Is there a reason why patches 4-5 are in the same series?
> If not, pls submit them separately so block maintainers can merge them.
> Alternative have one of the block maintainers merge 1-3,
> I sent reviewed-by tags in that case.
I've just sent v3 with patch 4 updated as Kevin suggested. Sorry for not
having noticed your reply before hitting the send button, but the first 3
patches are unchanged. Perhaps Kevin can pick up your reviewed-by tags and
apply all the series if he is happy with v3.
Thanks for reviewing!
> > Fam Zheng (5):
> > iohandler: Introduce iohandler_get_aio_context
> > event-notifier: Add "is_external" parameter
> > virtio: Mark host notifiers as external
> > aio-posix: Skip external nodes in aio_dispatch
> > mirror: Workaround for unexpected iohandler events during completion
> > aio-posix.c | 2 ++
> > block/mirror.c | 9 +++++++++
> > hw/usb/ccid-card-emulated.c | 2 +-
> > hw/virtio/virtio.c | 8 ++++----
> > include/qemu/event_notifier.h | 4 +++-
> > include/qemu/main-loop.h | 1 +
> > iohandler.c | 6 ++++++
> > stubs/Makefile.objs | 1 +
> > stubs/iohandler.c | 8 ++++++++
> > stubs/set-fd-handler.c | 10 ++++++++++
> > target-i386/hyperv.c | 6 +++---
> > util/event_notifier-posix.c | 4 +++-
> > util/event_notifier-win32.c | 1 +
> > 13 files changed, 52 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
> > create mode 100644 stubs/iohandler.c
> > --
> > 2.8.0
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 1/5] iohandler: Introduce iohandler_get_aio_context, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 2/5] event-notifier: Add "is_external" parameter, Fam Zheng, 2016/04/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 3/5] virtio: Mark host notifiers as external, Fam Zheng, 2016/04/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 4/5] aio-posix: Skip external nodes in aio_dispatch, Fam Zheng, 2016/04/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 5/5] mirror: Workaround for unexpected iohandler events during completion, Fam Zheng, 2016/04/22
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 for-2.6 0/5] block: Fix assertion failure at mirror exit, Michael S. Tsirkin, 2016/04/22