qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG 2.6] Broken CONFIG_TPM?

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG 2.6] Broken CONFIG_TPM?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:42:18 +0200

Stefan Weil <address@hidden> writes:

> A compilation test with clang -Weverything reported this problem:
>
> config-host.h:112:20: warning: '$' in identifier
> [-Wdollar-in-identifier-extension]
>
> The line of code looks like this:
>
> #define CONFIG_TPM $(CONFIG_SOFTMMU)
>
> This is fine for Makefile code, but won't work as expected in C code.

Broken in commit 3b8acc1 "configure: fix TPM logic".  Cc'ing Paolo.

Impact: #ifdef CONFIG_TPM never disables code.  There are no other uses
of CONFIG_TPM in C code.

I had a quick peek at configure and create_config, but refrained from
attempting to fix this, since I don't understand when exactly CONFIG_TPM
should be defined.