qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Make virtio-net.c ring size configurable?

From: xchenum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Make virtio-net.c ring size configurable?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 10:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

Luke, I might have a similar problem... I am wondering if you end up
increasing the ring buffer size yourself.

My problem is on the tx side. When sending many small udp packets, I am
seeing "outgoing packets dropped" in "netstat -s" increase quickly.
Increasing txqueue of the interface and wmem size in sysctl doesn't seem to
help at all. tx ring size is what I am looking at now. My VM however is
connected to a bridge and then to OpenVSwitch - so I might have other
bottlenecks...

Thanks!