qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] heterogenous cores

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] heterogenous cores
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:50:32 -0700

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1 June 2016 at 22:34, Michael Rolnik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> as I understand it's not possible right off the shelf as some functions
>> like gen_intermediate_code are global.
>> so, the question is *is it a complex task to make a heterogenous setup
>> possible*?
>
> Yes, it's a complex task. It's not impossible, but nobody
> yet has needed to do it strongly enough to actually detangle
> what things are global and need to become per-cpu in this
> situation.

Peter Croswaithe was looking into combining multiple architectures in
a single binary, he started to work towards it.

The Xilinx QEMU tree runs ARM and MicroBlaze in different instances
and then uses remote port (over sockets) to communicate between them.

There is a little bit of information here: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/qemu

Thanks,

Alistair