[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH] docs: Fix description of the leaky bucket algorithm
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH] docs: Fix description of the leaky bucket algorithm in throttle.txt
Wed, 8 Jun 2016 13:54:48 +0300
Commit 0bab0ebb17759c926bd48fd396bd8cbb2c8e4a3e was supposed to fix
a mistake in the description of the leaky bucket algorithm, but the
version that finally landed after the review process was incorrect.
This patch solves that problem and hopefully clarifies the description
a bit better.
Signed-off-by: Alberto Garcia <address@hidden>
docs/throttle.txt | 5 ++++-
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/docs/throttle.txt b/docs/throttle.txt
index 26d4d51..cd4e109 100644
@@ -235,7 +235,10 @@ consider the following values:
- Water leaks from the bucket at a rate of 100 IOPS.
- Water can be added to the bucket at a rate of 2000 IOPS.
- The size of the bucket is 2000 x 60 = 120000
- - If 'iops-total-max' is unset then the bucket size is 100 x 60.
+ - If 'iops-total-max-length' is unset then it defaults to 1 and the
+ size of the bucket is 2000.
+ - If 'iops-total-max' is unset then 'iops-total-max-length' must be
+ unset as well. In this case the bucket size is 100.
The bucket is initially empty, therefore water can be added until it's
full at a rate of 2000 IOPS (the burst rate). Once the bucket is full
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH] docs: Fix description of the leaky bucket algorithm in throttle.txt,
Alberto Garcia <=