qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] scsi-bus: Add support for SCSI scanners

From: Jarkko Lavinen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] scsi-bus: Add support for SCSI scanners
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:36:12 +0300

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 07:14:55PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> This is wrong, because INQUIRY's byte 3 is defined to be part of the
> length in modern SCSI standards.

> This is wrong, because INQUIRY's byte 3 is defined to be part of the
> length in modern SCSI standards.
Ok. I was using outdated ANSI spec too pedantically. The first patch is
not needed at all.

> SCAN conflicts with START_STOP.  Add a comment please saying that
> START_STOP has cmd->xfer set to 0 in scsi_req_xfer for non-scanner
> devices.
Done.

I also removed this:

    case GET_DATA_BUFFER_STATUS:
        cmd->xfer = buf[8] | (buf[7] << 8);

Since it is again unneedes and handled by scsi_cdb_xfer.

I added longer sense buffer in Request Sense command for scanners.
Multi Pro has at least one sense bit in byte 18 and Minolta's own SW
uses 20 bytes as an allocation size in Request Sense command.

The extra sense bit seems to be a kind of internal busy/film holder
moving status. After having this sense bit available scanning programs
have been very stable and every feature seems to be working.

Jarkko