qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] my attempt at new QEMU website

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] my attempt at new QEMU website
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:54:22 -0400

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:53:55PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> another small PSA. :)  I have created a small but hopefully useful
>> example of a new QEMU website at http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/.  The
>> site aims at providing and also a home for blog posts about QEMU.
>>
>> The site resides in a single git tree, so that requests to modify the
>> pages (and even blog posts :)) can be posted to qemu-devel as usual.
>>
>> The blog post in there is dummy, and the "blog" link will be removed
>> from navigation until there's a first post, if the site goes online.
>>
>> The site is designed to live together with the wiki and provide a
>> migration path for qemu-project.org, from the wiki to a standalone
>> website.  For example:
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/Download redirects to the new page
>> http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/download
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/BiteSizedTasks redirects to the wiki
>> page http://wiki.qemu-project.org/BiteSizedTasks
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/foobar is a 404 page
>>
>> Impressions, ideas and lart-ing for my feeble attempts at Javascript
>> (now I understand why people are so keen on stackoverflow!) and graphic
>> design are welcome.  (Yes, the icons in the homepage are not definitive).

I really like the homepage you made. It looks really good. Reminds me of
ReactOS's site.

My idea is to have a page for each emulator: qemu-system-ppc,
qemu-system-i386,...

I'm thinking icons and logos for operating systems could be on the emulator's
page that can run that emulator. Maybe a few links to HD image files of
preinstalled operating systems would help the user too.

Having an official binary installer for people who are not comfortable with
building QEMU would be a nice feature to have.