[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1338591] Re: Cursor jumps on shape change with vmware
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1338591] Re: Cursor jumps on shape change with vmware vga
Sun, 13 Nov 2016 09:50:49 -0000
Setting SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0 environment variable works around this
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.
Cursor jumps on shape change with vmware vga
Status in QEMU:
I launch QEMU with the following command line:
qemu-system-i386 /home/ruslan/iso/Windoze/qemuxp.img -m 512 -display
sdl -vga vmware -enable-kvm
The guest OS is Windows XP. To reproduce the problem, do this:
0. Make sure guest is WinXP (don't know if it's really necessary), use vmware
1. Set mouse cursor theme to default black&white theme, i.e. that without any
2. Open a text editor, e.g. built-in notepad
3. Move the cursor inside text entry widget
4. See the cursor jumping away. You basically can't enter the cursor there.
This also reproduces with MS Word 2003 even with oxy-white cursor
theme (i.e. that with translucency) — seems Word uses its plain
black&transparent cursor for I-beam cursor.
This doesn't happen with other VGAs, i.e. cirrus and std.
I used qemu git master to test this. qemu-system-i386 --version
reports version 2.0.90, git describe says v2.1.0-rc0-1-g9d9de25. This
also happened in earlier QEMU versions, like 1.5.x and older.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Qemu-devel] [Bug 1338591] Re: Cursor jumps on shape change with vmware vga,