qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] tftp: fake support for netascii protocol

From: Vincent Bernat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] tftp: fake support for netascii protocol
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:03:08 +0100

 ❦ 19 novembre 2016 08:32 +0100, Thomas Huth <address@hidden> :

>> Some network equipments are requesting a file using the netascii
>> protocol and this is not configurable. Currently, qemu's tftpd only
>> supports the octet protocol. This commit makes it accept the netascii
>> protocol as well but do not perform the requested transformation (LF ->
>> CR,LF) as it would be far more complex.
>
> That sounds somewhat wrong to me. QEMU now seems to support a transfer
> mode that is not really implemented.

On the other hand, the current implementation may not RFC compliant as
the three modes (netascii, octet, mail) are not supported (but the RFC
predates the usage of MAY/SHOULD/MUST, so it's unclear for me).

I have tried to add proper support, but this is more invasive as we
cannot just seek in the file to get each block. However, this is
something that I can do if compliance is important for QEMU.

> I think you should at least issue a qemu_log_mask(LOG_UNIMP, "...")
> call in that case.

I can do that if needed.
--
10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.