qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Booting my laptop with images from Qemu advent calendar

From: Oscar A
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Booting my laptop with images from Qemu advent calendar
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 23:42:21 +0100

Hello dear all,

I just started to get interested in operative systems, booting, and
virtual machines, and found this project, which is very nice. I have
a question. For instance, take the Hanoi´s towers image of yesterday.

I want to boot my laptop with it. I guess that if I do it correctly, nothing
wrong should happen. But I do not know if I have Open firmware or
not. I have an HP pavilion dm4 1065dx laptop with Windows 7 home
64 bit and Fedora, and I am using H20 Insyde uefi/bios. Does this
laptop have open firmware or is it compatible? Do you know that? Or
can you give me some hints on this? How can I check this for instance?

Thank you very much for your attention. Regards. Oscar.