qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC LED state buggy, interop issue

From: Pierre Ossman
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC LED state buggy, interop issue
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 14:37:59 +0100

On 13/12/16 14:15, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

Btw, is there any client that implements this extension yet? I couldn't find
anything.

gtk-vnc implements the LED state extension.

Not enough to actually do anything useful AFAICT. That would be up to the application using gtk-vnc. And I couldn't see Vinagre using this feature. Any other frontend I should look at?

IIRC, there have been bug reports about it being mostly useless with
QEMU, since it only reflects LED changes initiated by the guest,
and not those initiated by virtual key presses sent by GTK-VNC.

That sounds like this bug. It does respect the virtual keys sent, just that it doesn't inform the client properly. So my patch should help.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?