[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1268671] Re: CentOS guest crashing due to assertion fa
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1268671] Re: CentOS guest crashing due to assertion failure in qemu-char.c
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:13:00 -0000
QEMU 0.12 is completely outdated nowadays ... can you still reproduce
this problem with the latest version of QEMU?
** Changed in: qemu
Status: New => Incomplete
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.
CentOS guest crashing due to assertion failure in qemu-char.c
Status in QEMU:
Here is the log in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/centos_heavy.log
io_watch_poll_finalize: Assertion `iwp->src == ((void *)0)' failed.
2014-01-13 16:50:31.576+0000: shutting down
The code it's failing the assertion on has an interesting comment:
static void io_watch_poll_finalize(GSource *source)
/* Due to a glib bug, removing the last reference to a source
* inside a finalize callback causes recursive locking (and a
* deadlock). This is not a problem inside other callbacks,
* including dispatch callbacks, so we call io_remove_watch_poll
* to remove this source. A t this point, iwp->src must
* be NULL, or we would leak it.
* This would be solved much more elegantly by child sources,
* but we support older glib versions that do not have them.
IOWatchPoll *iwp = io_watch_poll_from_source(source);
assert(iwp->src == NULL);
Relevant RPM versions:
(Note the use of the vmchannels; I believe this is playing a part in
Linux blizzard 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jan 3 21:39:27 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CLI to start guest (included in attached dump):
thread apply all bt:
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
- [Qemu-devel] [Bug 1268671] Re: CentOS guest crashing due to assertion failure in qemu-char.c,
Thomas Huth <=