qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] system_clock_scale unset in hw/intc/armv

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] system_clock_scale unset in hw/intc/armv7m_nvic.c
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:43:23 +0000

On 13 January 2017 at 12:35, James Hanley <address@hidden> wrote:
> How should system_clock_scale be set in hw/intc/armv7m_nvic.c - there is no
> API for the global, and I've defaulted the global to SYSTICK_SCALE which
> seems to work, but is not obvious.  This was needed as this value was set to
> zero and the arm firmware was selecting the external clock source causing
> zero to be returned from systick_scale() and the interrupt to run
> continuously.

If I recall correctly, this is an external-to-the-CPU thing
(wired up by the SoC or the board), which suggests that it
ought to be a property on the CPU object (or perhaps on a
currently-nonexistent container object which has the CPU
and the NVIC and the other M profile devices).

As the code stands today, I think the answer is that the
board has to set the global -- this is what stellaris.c does.

thanks
-- PMM