qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VM Hung issue

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VM Hung issue
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:29:42 +0000

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 01:51:26PM +0500, Umar Draz wrote:
> I am running qemu-kvm on CentOS 7.3, I have few vms of CentOS and Windows
> 2012 servers.
>
> Randomly they are hung, but the status of virtual machine keep running, vnc
> and network not responding.

It's not clear whether the guest is hung or QEMU is hung.

Does the VNC client connect successfully?  If the client fails to
connect then QEMU is hung.  If the client connects but the guest doesn't
respond to input then only the guest is hanging.

If QEMU is hung please post a backtrace:

  # gstack $PID_OF_QEMU

Stefan