[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 0/2] hw/usb/dev-hid: Make usb-tablet work with OS
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 0/2] hw/usb/dev-hid: Make usb-tablet work with OS X/macOS guests
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:30:15 +0100
This series makes the Qemu usb-tablet work correctly with OS X/macOS guests
without the need for a special guest driver.
* The usb-tablet should not have a boot protocol of 2. Other OSes seem to
ignore this, but the IOHIDFamily driver stack chokes on it for anything but
conventional (relative motion) mice.
* A "mac_compat" boolean option is added to the usb-tablet, which changes its
report descriptor to specify a usage of 0x02 (mouse) instead of 0x01 (pointer).
This is required for correct operation in the Mac HID driver stack.
v1 -> v2:
* v1 Thread was "[PATCH] hw/usb/dev-hid: add a Mac guest compatibility option
* Always apply the boot protocol (bInterfaceProtocol) change to usb-tablet,
not just when the Mac compatibility option is active. The original value of
0x02 was determined to be incorrect according to the spec anyway.
* As the boot protocol change is permanent, separate interface and device
descriptor constants for the Mac/non-Mac variants of the tablet are no longer
required, and have been removed.
Phil Dennis-Jordan (2):
hw/usb/dev-hid: set bInterfaceProtocol to 0x00 for usb-tablet
hw/usb/dev-hid: add a usb-tablet Mac guest compatibility option
hw/usb/dev-hid.c | 9 +++++++--
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
2.3.2 (Apple Git-55)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 0/2] hw/usb/dev-hid: Make usb-tablet work with OS X/macOS guests,
Phil Dennis-Jordan <=