[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH V3 0/3] hw/pcie: Introduce Generic PCI Express R
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH V3 0/3] hw/pcie: Introduce Generic PCI Express Root Port
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:55:11 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.1.1
On 01/24/2017 05:52 PM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 21:20 +0200, Marcel Apfelbaum wrote:
v2 -> v3:
- Keep only the root port base class code in pcie_root_port.c (Michael)
- Use msix for the generic root port implementation (Michael and Gerd)
- The task required some refactoring like having some common
init/uninit interrupts functions to be implemented by both
generic and Intel Root Ports.
v1 -> v2:
- Rebased on master.
The Generic Root Port behaves the same as the
Intel's IOH device with id 3420, without having
Intel specific attributes.
The device has two purposes:
(1) Can be used on both X86 and ARM machines.
(2) It will allow us to tweak the behaviour
(e.g add vendor-specific PCI capabilities)
- something that obviously cannot be done
on a known device.
Patch 1/3: Introduce a base class for Root Ports - most of the code
is migrated from IOH3420 implementation.
Patch 2/3: Derives the IOH3420 from the new base class
Patch 3/3: Introduces the generic Root Port.
Tested with Linux and Windows guests only on x86 hosts.
(on aarch64, Fedora guest)
Tested-by: Andrea Bolognani <address@hidden>