qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding Gsoc17

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding Gsoc17
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:19:24 +0800

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 11:03:31PM +0530, Mohammad Sameer Malik wrote:
> Hi i am Mohammad Sameer Malik a Btech undergraduate in Electronics and
> Communication at IIIT Delhi and i want to be a part of GSOC 17 as a student
> and want to chose Qemu as my organisation i have strong web development
> experience. Skills which i have used are C,Python,HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS5,
> javascript , jQuery, AngularJs and i even know android development.. I would
> like to contribute to your projects. Can you suggest me how can i  get
> started to increase my chances of selection with your organisation.

Hi,
Thanks for your email.

QEMU's project ideas list is here:
http://wiki.qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017

Select a project you are interested in and where you have the necessary
technical skills.

QEMU is a C code base.  The focus is on systems programming and
emulation.  I strongly suggest looking at organizations that focus on
web development instead since you'll have a greater chance of being
accept there.

Good luck,
Stefan