[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 17/47] qapi: The #optional tag is redund
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 17/47] qapi: The #optional tag is redundant, drop
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:14:57 -0500
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.8.0
On 03/13/2017 01:18 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> We traditionally mark optional members #optional in the doc comment.
> Before commit 3313b61, this was entirely manual.
> Commit 3313b61 added some automation because its qapi2texi.py relied
> on #optional to determine whether a member is optional. This is no
> longer the case since the previous commit: the only thing qapi2texi.py
> still does with #optional is stripping it out. We still reject bogus
> qapi-schema.json and six places for qga/qapi-schema.json.
> Thus, you can't actually rely on #optional to see whether something is
> optional. Yet we still make people add it manually. That's just
> Drop the code to check, fix up and strip out #optional, along with all
> instances of #optional. To keep it out, add code to reject it, to be
> dropped again once the dust settles.
> No change to generated documentation.
> Signed-off-by: Markus Armbruster <address@hidden>
> docs/qapi-code-gen.txt | 16 +-
> docs/writing-qmp-commands.txt | 4 +-
> qapi-schema.json | 378 ++++++++++++++++----------------
> qapi/block-core.json | 418
You'll have to rebase this on master, due to ...
> @@ -2349,17 +2349,17 @@
> # @volume: Name of the Archipelago volume image
> -# @mport: #optional The port number on which mapperd is
> +# @mport: The port number on which mapperd is
> # listening. This is optional
> # and if not specified, QEMU will make Archipelago
> # use the default port (1001).
...commit e32ccbc killing broken archipelago
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 26/47] qapi2texi: Generate reference to base type members, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 46/47] qapi: Make pylint a bit happier, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 27/47] qapi2texi: Generate documentation for variant members, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 17/47] qapi: The #optional tag is redundant, drop, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 37/47] qapi: Fix detection of bogus member documentation, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 03/47] qapi: Back out doc comments added just to please qapi.py, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH for-2.9 42/47] qapi: enum_types is a list used like a dict, make it one, Markus Armbruster, 2017/03/13