[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 7/8] qemu-iotests: support per-format golden ou
Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 7/8] qemu-iotests: support per-format golden output files
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 02:51:14 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.1
On 15.03.2017 10:29, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Some tests produce format-dependent output. Either the difference is
> filtered out and ignored, or the test case is format-specific so we
> don't need to worry about per-format output differences.
> There is a third case: the test script is the same for all image formats
> and the format-dependent output is relevant. An ugly workaround is to
> copy-paste the test into multiple per-format test cases. This
> duplicates code and is not maintainable.
> This patch allows test cases to add per-format golden output files so a
> single test case can work correctly when format-dependent output must be
> This naming scheme is not composable with 123.out.nocache or 123.pc.out,
> two other scenarios where output files are split. I don't think it
> matters since few test cases need these features.
Well, it would be pretty simple to implement by just always using
reference_x="$reference.$NEW_EXTENSION" instead of rebuilding the path
from screatch, but the number of combinations would blow up so much it
may be better to leave that out anyway.
(No R-b because I like to save my precious R-bs for non-RFCs)
> Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
> tests/qemu-iotests/check | 5 +++++
> 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)
> diff --git a/tests/qemu-iotests/check b/tests/qemu-iotests/check
> index 4b1c674..29553cf 100755
> --- a/tests/qemu-iotests/check
> +++ b/tests/qemu-iotests/check
> @@ -338,6 +338,11 @@ do
> + reference_format="$source_iotests/$seq.out.$IMGFMT"
> + if [ -f "$reference_format" ]; then
> + reference="$reference_format"
> + fi
> if [ "$CACHEMODE" = "none" ]; then
> [ -f "$source_iotests/$seq.out.nocache" ] &&
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 5/8] qcow2: add bdrv_measure() support, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 5/8] qcow2: add bdrv_measure() support, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2017/03/15
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 4/8] qcow2: extract image creation option parsing, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2017/03/15
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 6/8] qemu-img: add measure subcommand, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2017/03/15
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 7/8] qemu-iotests: support per-format golden output files, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2017/03/15
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 7/8] qemu-iotests: support per-format golden output files,
Max Reitz <=
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 8/8] iotests: add test 178 for qemu-img measure, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2017/03/15
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/8] qemu-img: add measure sub-command, Nir Soffer, 2017/03/17