qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & archit

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & architecutures
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:58:01 +0000

On 16 March 2017 at 18:59, Dr. David Alan Gilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I build-test the FreeBSD when I do migration pulls; given it's
> just a VM it's not too hard; my main reason is that I use it as
> a proxy that gives it a good chance to get past your MacOS build.

Yeah, I have no in principle objection to using a VM here. It's
just that the last couple of times I've tried it I've messed
around for an hour or so and failed to get a VM setup that
Just Works (ie serial console without graphics window, network
setup that doesn't expose the VM to the external network but still
lets me ssh into it, etc). If we don't have an externally
maintained machine we can use then I think good wiki documentation
on how to set up the VM locally is a minimum.

thanks
-- PMM