qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Wiki page for VT-d

From: Peter Xu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Wiki page for VT-d
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:28:31 +0800

Hello everyone,

Since we still don't have a document-like thing for vIOMMUs on x86 yet
(for the basic command line interface, usage scenarios, etc.), I just
opened a VT-d wiki page to note down everything that might be related
to VT-d emulation in QEMU. It's here:

  http://wiki.qemu-project.org/Features/VT-d

We can have AMD IOMMUs as well in the future, but since currently
these two devices are not synced-up (most of the work are based on
Intel vIOMMUs), so I'll first create the VT-d page. We can extend the
documentation when needed.

Currently it only contains the most basic usages of the emulated VT-d
device, and some explanations on the recent VT-d vfio enablement
series (what it does, where it can be used, etc.). Please feel free to
add more things to it. :-)

Thanks,

-- peterx