qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Making QMP 'block-job-cancel' transactiona

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Making QMP 'block-job-cancel' transactionable
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 08:54:50 -0500

On 04/04/2017 08:28 AM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:

>> Minor or not, it is a useful viewpoint. Either way, as long as the new
>> way of getting a transactional non-pivot successful completion is
>> something that libvirt can learn via introspection,
>
> Can you elaborate a little more on the above, for my own edification --
> how might it be possible for "libvirt can learn via introspection"?  Is
> it via some method using the QMP 'query-commands' /
> 'query-command-line-options'?

Those, and query-qmp-schema.  If the change includes the addition of
something new in the .json files describing QMP, then query-qmp-schema
will let libvirt probe whether the version of qemu it it talking to has
that new field or not (presumably, in this case it would be a new
optional bool member to select the mode when creating a job, as well as
a new command visible through query-commands to change the mode of a
running job).