qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] is qemu able to run multiple system emulation simultane

From: Jiahuan Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] is qemu able to run multiple system emulation simultaneously
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 08:26:55 +0200

On 6 April 2017 at 19:58, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 12:00 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
> Dear QEMU developers,
>>
>> I need multiple ARM-based hardware emulation runing simultaneously in one
>> PC.
>> I wander if QEMU is capble to run two system emulation at the same time.
>> Or I have to use two QEMU for two system emulation
>>
>> If the former is possible, where can i find some docs about it? I have
>> searched two days, the result is not positive.
>>
>> Please help. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jiahuan
>>

> My vote goes to running multiple instances of QEMU at the same time. It is
> easy to do and works.

As for as I know, "running multiple instances of QEMU at the same time" is
feasible for user-mode emulation, namely emulting CPU, according to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QEMU.
Wikipedia says
"Virtualization solutions that use QEMU are able to execute multiple
virtual CPUs in parallel. QEMU is also able to run multiple threads in
user-mode emulation mode.

For full system emulation, QEMU uses a single thread to emulate all the
virtual CPUs and hardware. "
However, what I need is system emulation, an ARM processor with various
periphrals.

I think Peter is right.