qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU travis builds: can we move the preseed tarball to

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU travis builds: can we move the preseed tarball to qemu.org ?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 16:10:12 +0100

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi; a recent travis build failure made me notice that our .travis.yml
> config references a preseed tarball from here:
> http://people.linaro.org/~alex.bennee/qemu-submodule-git-seed.tar.xz
>
> I think this is a bit less than ideal -- we should really be hosting
> this on qemu.org. Can we arrange to move it?

Sure - it was more out of convince than anything else. It is basically
the .git/modules/ subtree from a full checkout that has been tarred up.
Given how long ago it was generated it is probably worth updating the
seed anyway to speed up the submodule initialisation step.

Should we script it up on the qemu.org server or just upload a
hand-created seed?

--
Alex Bennée