[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/5 v8] migration/ppc: migrating DRC, ccs_list and p
Daniel Henrique Barboza
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/5 v8] migration/ppc: migrating DRC, ccs_list and pending_events
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 14:25:42 -0300
- new patch added: 'removing spapr_drc_detach_cb opaques'. This new patch
the need for the detach_cb_opaques inside the removal callback functions. See
the commit message of the patch for more info.
- removed the first patch. DRC registration is now done by vmstate_register
in patch 2.
- added a new patch that changes spapr_dr_connector_new to receive as argument
- removed the callback logic of patch 2 since there is no need to restore the
detach_cb on post-load due to the detach_cb on spapr_dr_connector_new change.
- added word separators in the VMSD names of patch 3 and 4.
v6: - Rebased with QEMU master after 6+ months.
- Simplified the logic in patch 1.
- Reworked patch 2: added CPU DRC migration, removed a function pointer
class and minor improvements.
- Added clarifications from the previous v5 discussions in the commit
v5: - Rebased to David's ppc-for-2.8.
v4: - Introduce a way to set customized instance_id in SaveStateEntry. Use it
to set instance_id for DRC using its unique index to address David
- Rename VMS_CSTM to VMS_LINKED based on Paolo Bonzini's suggestions.
- Clean up qjson stuff in put_qtailq.
- Add trace for put_qtailq and get_qtailq based on David Gilbert's
- Based on David's ppc-for-2.7.
v3: - Simplify overall design followng discussion with Paolo. No longer need
metadata to migrate QTAILQ.
- Extend VMStateInfo instead of adding similar fields to VMStateField.
- Clean up macros in qemu/queue.h.
v2: - Introduce a general approach to migrate QTAILQ in qemu/queue.h.
- Migrate signalled field in the DRC state.
- Put the newly added migrating fields in subsections so that backward
migration is not broken.
- Set detach_cb field right after migration so that a migrated hot-unplug
event could finish its course.
v1: - Inital version.
To make guest devices (PCI, CPU and memory) hotplug work together
with guest migration, spapr drc state needs be transmitted in
migration. This patch defines the VMStateDescription struct for
spapr drc state to enable it.
To fix the potential racing between hotplug events on guest and
guest migration, ccs_list and pending_events of spapr state need be
transmitted in migration. This patch set also takes care of it.
Daniel Henrique Barboza (3):
hw/ppc: setting spapr_drc_detach_cb in spapr_dr_connector_new
hw/ppc: removing spapr_drc_detach_cb opaques
hw/ppc: migrating the DRC state of hotplugged devices
Jianjun Duan (2):
migration: spapr: migrate ccs_list in spapr state
migration: spapr: migrate pending_events of spapr state
hw/ppc/spapr.c | 160 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
hw/ppc/spapr_drc.c | 84 +++++++++++++++++++-----
hw/ppc/spapr_events.c | 24 +++----
hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c | 7 +-
include/hw/ppc/spapr.h | 3 +-
include/hw/ppc/spapr_drc.h | 10 ++-
6 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/5 v8] migration/ppc: migrating DRC, ccs_list and pending_events,
Daniel Henrique Barboza <=
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/5] hw/ppc: setting spapr_drc_detach_cb in spapr_dr_connector_new, Daniel Henrique Barboza, 2017/04/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 3/5] hw/ppc: migrating the DRC state of hotplugged devices, Daniel Henrique Barboza, 2017/04/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 2/5] hw/ppc: removing spapr_drc_detach_cb opaques, Daniel Henrique Barboza, 2017/04/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 4/5] migration: spapr: migrate ccs_list in spapr state, Daniel Henrique Barboza, 2017/04/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/5] migration: spapr: migrate pending_events of spapr state, Daniel Henrique Barboza, 2017/04/30