[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v4 0/4] Unit test+fix for problem with QEMU handling
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v4 0/4] Unit test+fix for problem with QEMU handling of multiple bind()s to the same port
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:31:04 +0200
This series contains:
* a unit test that exposes a race condition which causes QEMU to fail
to find a port even when there is plenty of available ports.
* a refactor of the qemu-sockets inet_listen_saddr() function
to better handle this situation.
Changes from v3:
* Test changes: Add missing license
Add subtests for ipv4, ipv6 and both
Various g_* usage improvements
* Split patch into 3 patches with two refactoring patches ahead
of the actual fix.
Changes from v2:
* Non-trivial rebase + further abstraction
on top of 7ad9af343c7f1c70c8015c7c519c312d8c5f9fa1
'tests: add functional test validating ipv4/ipv6 address flag handling'
Changes from v1:
* Fix potential uninitialized variable only detected by optimize.
* Improve unexpected error detection in test-listen to give more
details about why the test fails unexpectedly.
* Fix some line length style issues.
Knut Omang (4):
tests: Add test-listen - a stress test for QEMU socket listen
sockets: factor out create_fast_reuse_socket
sockets: factor out a new try_bind() function
sockets: Handle race condition between binds to the same port
tests/Makefile.include | 2 +-
tests/test-listen.c | 253 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
util/qemu-sockets.c | 159 +++++++++++++++++---------
3 files changed, 362 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 tests/test-listen.c