qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to support AMD acceleration on Windows host

From: tim3385
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to support AMD acceleration on Windows host
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 04:09:55 +0800

Hello all,

- QEMU is a great work. Thanks for your effor.

-  I am a begginer of QEMU. I dont't found the way to support AMD acceleration
on Windows host. I want to run x86 ABI android rom(or Android-x86) on AMD CPU
quickly.

- As I know:
        - KQEMU isnot support HW CPU Virtualization Technology(AMD-v and Intel
VT) and had been dropped from QEMU long ago.
        - KVM just support Linux host.
        - On windows, there is only HAXM to support CPU virtuallization. But it
just support Intel VT but AMD-v.
        - Google Android emulator use QEMU with HAXM to support x86 ABI rom
running on Intel-v but AMD-v.

- So how to support AMD acceleration  on Windows host?

- If there isnot existing way now, I am wonder that if it's possible to achieve
it by myselves ----- make AMD acceleration layer for Windows QEMU.  The way is
simpler that just use the CPU hardware virtulization feature(Nested paging, EPT
and RVI) directly than the way of KQEMU. The codes of KVM and virtualbox
include some reference about this. Can somebody give me some suggestion?

best
Sent from YoMail for Gmail