qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AVMF & OVMF blobs in QEMU tree???

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AVMF & OVMF blobs in QEMU tree???
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:54:14 +0100

On 21 August 2017 at 12:58, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Related question (as the edk2 blobs are pretty big):  Do we want commit
> this to the qemu repo directly?   Or should we create a qemu-firmware
> repo for the precompiled blobs and hook it up as submodule?

Having all our precompiled blobs be in a submodule would
maybe be handy for properly keeping them separate from the
QEMU code -- would that be useful for downstream distro
packagers?

In any case this seems like a good opportunity to write down
exactly what our policy about ROM blobs is (eg where they
are, how we update them, requirement for source, whether
we allow source to be in a submodule not on qemu.org...)

thanks
-- PMM