qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] proposed schedule for 2.11 release

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] proposed schedule for 2.11 release
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 15:07:26 +0100

OK, here's a strawman proposal for the 2.11 release cycle,
based on aiming for a 5 Dec release date and working backwards
with the same cadence as 2.10.

2017-10-31 Soft freeze -- all feature changes must already be in a
           pull request that's been sent to the mailing list
2017-11-07 Hard freeze, tag rc0
2017-11-14 Tag rc1
2017-11-21 Tag rc2
2017-11-28 Tag rc3
2017-12-05 Release (or rc4 if we need it)
2017-12-12 Release if we needed an rc4

That makes softfreeze in 3 weeks time. I'd rather not push
the times back any further because we end up in serious
risk of running into the christmas holiday period.

(I'm still unconvinced by the 1-week softfreeze schedule.)

thanks
-- PMM