qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] "make -C roms lgplvgabios" broken

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] "make -C roms lgplvgabios" broken
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:54:11 +0100

  Hi,

> Do we still care enough about lgplvgabios to try to fix that, or
> should we just remove the lgplvgabios rules and the roms/vgabios
> submodule?  The last commit in our vgabios.git submodule was 7
> years ago.

I plan to zap it anyway when switching to the separate firmware repo[1].
Which will probably take a while though as I'm handicapped atm with my
right arm in plaster.

Feel free to remove it earlier.

It is there as backup just in case there are regressions due to the
switch to seavgabios, but at this point in time we surely wouldn't
switch back ...

> Related to that, pc-bios/README seems to be outdated, as it says
> the VGA BIOS come from lgplvgabios, which doesn't seem to be the
> case anymore.

Indeed.

cheers,
  Gerd

[1] sneak preview with seabios and edk2 at
    https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu-firmware/