qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM "fake DAX" flushing interface - discussion

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM "fake DAX" flushing interface - discussion
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:03:25 -0800

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Pankaj Gupta <address@hidden> wrote:
[..]
> 1] Expose vNVDIMM memory range to KVM guest.
>
>    - Add flag in ACPI NFIT table for this new memory type. Do we need NVDIMM
> spec
>      changes for this?

Not a flag, but a new "Address Range Type GUID". See section "5.2.25.2
System Physical Address (SPA) Range Structure" in the ACPI 6.2A
specification. Since it is a GUID we could define a Linux specific
type for this case, but spec changes would allow non-Linux hypervisors
to advertise a standard interface to guests.