qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU fails to configure on non-x86 hosts with recent SDL2

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU fails to configure on non-x86 hosts with recent SDL2
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 10:24:41 +0000

On non-x86 hosts with SDL2 2.0.8, configure fails:

config-host.mak is out-of-date, running configure

ERROR: configure test passed without -Werror but failed with -Werror.
       This is probably a bug in the configure script. The failing command
       will be at the bottom of config.log.
       You can run configure with --disable-werror to bypass this check.

The relevant configure test is the SDL one:
#include <SDL.h>
#undef main /* We don't want SDL to override our main() */
int main( void ) { return SDL_Init (SDL_INIT_VIDEO); }

and it fails because on non-x86 platforms one of the SDL headers
triggers a -Wundef warning:

cc -Wundef -o zz9.o -I /usr/include/SDL2 -c qemu-conf.c
In file included from /usr/include/SDL2/SDL.h:38:0,
                 from qemu-conf.c:1:
/usr/include/SDL2/SDL_cpuinfo.h:63:5: warning: "HAVE_IMMINTRIN_H" is
not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]
 #if HAVE_IMMINTRIN_H && !defined(SDL_DISABLE_IMMINTRIN_H)

I've reported the bug to debian:
(who will probably forward it upstream), but since this version
of SDL is already released, I guess we need to work around it it
QEMU...

Any suggestions for how to do a workaround?

thanks
-- PMM