qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Introduction

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Introduction
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:37:47 -0500

On 03/04/2018 12:17 AM, Aishwarya Kadlag wrote:
> Hi, I am aish2k joining this mailing list today

Hi, aish2k:

In general, you do not need to announce or introduce yourself when
joining technical mailing lists. You may subscribe and unsubscribe at
your leisure.

Most lists have certain rules and etiquettes that may be learned by
watching how the list conducts itself over time -- sometimes they're
written more explicitly, but not always.

A thing to keep in mind is that every message sent to the mailing list
will be received by everyone on it, so it's best to make sure that
messages are meaningful or interesting. If you have questions, try to
research your questions as best as you can and provide that information
so that people can assist you more quickly.

If you're joining our list to look for small projects or contributions
you could make as a stepping stone to something greater, check out these
pages on our wiki:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute
https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2018
https://wiki.qemu.org/Outreachy_2018_MayAugust

Many pages eventually link to this one:

https://wiki.qemu.org/BiteSizedTasks

Which we use to put small project ideas that are useful for new
contributors to familiarize themselves with the codebase.

Hopefully this information is useful to you.
--js