qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Suggestion on 'virtio-pmem' implementation

From: David Hildenbrand
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Suggestion on 'virtio-pmem' implementation
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pankaj,

I have a prototype (new one for virtio-mem I was working on over the last
weeks) for exactly what you need. I basically factored out the notion of a
memory device. So also virtio devices can be memory devices and get recognized
e.g. in formerly known pc_dimm_get_free_address(), so it works out nicely with
ordinary memory hotplug and such.

Guess your main problem right now is that you don‘t create a memory slot
properly. But I also have code for that that you can built onto.

I‘m right now in Sri Lanka on vacation, I‘ll be back on 23. September and will
send you the link to a branch with the prototype asap.

Thanks,

David / dhildenb / address@hidden

Von meinem iPhone gesendet