qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to check if Vt-d is capable of posted-interrupt?

From: Jintack Lim
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to check if Vt-d is capable of posted-interrupt?
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:11:39 -0400

Hi,

I wonder how to check if Vt-d is capable of posted-interrupt? I'm
using Intel E5-2630 v3.

I was once told that APICv and posted-interrupt capability always come
together. But it seems like my cpu support APICv
(/sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/enable_apicv is Y), but
posted-interrupt capability is only shipped with the next generation
of the cpu (E5-2600 v4, which is Broadwell).

What would be an easy way to check this?

Thanks,
Jintack