[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH V5 0/9] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes
junyan . he
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH V5 0/9] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes to persistent memory
Thu, 10 May 2018 10:08:49 +0800
From: Junyan He <address@hidden>
QEMU writes to vNVDIMM backends in the vNVDIMM label emulation and
live migration. If the backend is on the persistent memory, QEMU needs
to take proper operations to ensure its writes persistent on the
persistent memory. Otherwise, a host power failure may result in the
loss the guest data on the persistent memory.
This v3 patch series is based on Marcel's patch "mem: add share
parameter to memory-backend-ram"  because of the changes in patch 1.
Previous versions can be found at
Changes in v5:
* (Patch 9) Add post copy check and output some messages for nvdimm.
Changes in v4:
* (Patch 2) Fix compilation errors found by patchew.
Changes in v3:
* (Patch 5) Add a is_pmem flag to ram_handle_compressed() and handle
PMEM writes in it, so we don't need the _common function.
* (Patch 6) Expose qemu_get_buffer_common so we can remove the
unnecessary qemu_get_buffer_to_pmem wrapper.
* (Patch 8) Add a is_pmem flag to xbzrle_decode_buffer() and handle
PMEM writes in it, so we can remove the unnecessary
* Move libpmem stubs to stubs/pmem.c and fix the compilation failures
Changes in v2:
* (Patch 1) Use a flags parameter in file ram allocation functions.
* (Patch 2) Add a new option 'pmem' to hostmem-file.
* (Patch 3) Use libpmem to operate on the persistent memory, rather
than re-implementing those operations in QEMU.
* (Patch 5-8) Consider the write persistence in the migration path.
Haozhong Zhang (8):
[1/9] memory, exec: switch file ram allocation functions to 'flags' parameters
[2/9] hostmem-file: add the 'pmem' option
[3/9] configure: add libpmem support
[4/9] mem/nvdimm: ensure write persistence to PMEM in label emulation
[5/9] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading zero pages to PMEM
[6/9] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading normal pages to PMEM
[7/9] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading compressed pages to
[8/9] migration/ram: ensure write persistence on loading xbzrle pages to PMEM
Junyan He (1):
[9/9] migration/ram: Add check and info message to nvdimm post copy.
Signed-off-by: Haozhong Zhang <address@hidden>
Signed-off-by: Junyan He <address@hidden>
backends/hostmem-file.c | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
configure | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
docs/nvdimm.txt | 14 ++++++++++++++
exec.c | 20 ++++++++++++++++----
hw/mem/nvdimm.c | 9 ++++++++-
include/exec/memory.h | 12 ++++++++++--
include/exec/ram_addr.h | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
include/migration/qemu-file-types.h | 2 ++
include/qemu/pmem.h | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
memory.c | 8 +++++---
migration/qemu-file.c | 29 +++++++++++++++++++----------
migration/ram.c | 52
migration/ram.h | 2 +-
migration/rdma.c | 2 +-
migration/xbzrle.c | 8 ++++++--
migration/xbzrle.h | 3 ++-
numa.c | 2 +-
qemu-options.hx | 7 +++++++
stubs/Makefile.objs | 1 +
stubs/pmem.c | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
tests/Makefile.include | 4 ++--
tests/test-xbzrle.c | 4 ++--
22 files changed, 290 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH V5 0/9] nvdimm: guarantee persistence of QEMU writes to persistent memory,
junyan . he <=