qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: Multiple PCI domains for x86 PCI Express Machine

From: Marcel Apfelbaum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: Multiple PCI domains for x86 PCI Express Machine (Q35)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 14:54:25 +0300

Hi Aaron

On 05/24/2018 12:31 PM, Wei, Aaron wrote:

Hi,  Marcel

It's my pleasure to write to you on behalf of a team who is developing the Intel VMD virtualization base on QEMU in Dell EMC.

From https://www.outreachy.org. we find that you are working on the Multiple PCI domain feature which we think may be  very helpful to our current work.

We are glad you are considering using the project.
The project got delayed for next "Outreachy/GSOC" round, however Zihan Yang <address@hidden>,
a PhD student, graciously offered to try it in his private time.

We’ll be grateful if you can share some information about,

1.What’s the present developing status?

An early RFC (not a working version) was posted here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-05/msg04664.html
The mail thread includes an interesting discussion on issues and constrains.

2.When would it possibly be ready? Or when could we get it from QEMU repo?

Since is currently developed as a side project we don't have a clear timeline,
you are welcome to contribute with ideas, reviews, tests and patches :) .
Any help is appreciated.

We appreciate and  look forward to your reply.

I hope I helped.

Thanks,
Marcel

Best wishes,