qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Recording I/O activity after KVM does a VMEXIT

From: Pavel Dovgalyuk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Recording I/O activity after KVM does a VMEXIT
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 08:31:08 +0300

Hi,

I’m not familiar with KVM, but I know successful attempts of replaying the
execution by logging IO and MMIO in TCG mode.

The difference in CPU I/O and VM I/O is the following. In icount we record
anything coming into the VM, but not into the CPU.

It means that the whole packet is recorded. Virtual hardware behaves
deterministically and therefore CPU will get identical

input in case of replay, because the whole recorded packet is injected again by
the filter.

Pavel Dovgalyuk