qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] An emulation failure occurs, if I hotplug vcpus immedia

From: David Hildenbrand
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] An emulation failure occurs, if I hotplug vcpus immediately after the VM start
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 13:43:49 +0200

On 07.06.2018 13:13, Gonglei (Arei) wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I also already ran into this problem. Because it involves calling
pause_all_vcpus() from a VCPU thread. I sent a patch for that already,
but we were able to solve the s390x problem differently.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10331305/

The major problem of pause_all_vcpus() is that it will temporarily drop
the iothread mutex, which can result in "funny" side effects :) Handling
parallel call to pause_all_vcpus() is the smaller issue.

So right now, it can only be used from the main thread.

--

Thanks,

David / dhildenb