qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Why qom-get is not available in qemu monitor

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Why qom-get is not available in qemu monitor
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:32:46 +0100

* Dongli Zhang (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would you mind help confirm why qom-get command is not supported by qemu
> monitor, but only qapi?
>
> Is this a feature (qom-get in monitor) totally useless for some reason, or it
> is
> still not implemented yet?

Just because it's not implemented; a few people have tried to implement
it (including me in 2016); but it tends to get stuck because some QOM objects
are more compelex than simple integer/strings and there didn't used
to be any way to print other objects out easily.

The most recent thing in this was Ricardo's 'Show values and description
when using "qom-list"' series.

Dave