qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RISC-V platform

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RISC-V platform
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:20:34 -0700

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I noticed your RISC-V patches on the mailing list and had a question
> that I think you may be able to answer. Has anyone defined a RISC-V platform
> yet? What I mean is defining what devices would be found on a RISC-V
> motherboard. I do hope to see RISC-V based desktop systems one day. But
> before that day can come the platform for this chip would have to be
> established. Could the SiFive board be the basis for such a standard?

It really depends what you mean by a standard platform. At the moment
the SiFive HiFive Unleased board is the only ASIC that can boot Linux.
So that really is the "standard" RISC-V board. It is a pretty basic
embedded board though, so it can't be considered a "standard" RISC-V
desktop. There is a virt board in QEMU (which is similar to the HiFive
Unleashed) that is a good go to for QEMU work.

Alistair