qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/14] More patches to disable stuff

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/14] More patches to disable stuff
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:04:00 +0200

Hi

Notice that this is an RFC because they don't work.  As said on my
previous submmision, we need <foo>-softmmu/config-devices.h to make
this work.  This series just allow us to disable the devices, but not
to enable it back O:-)

Notice:

- scsi stuff: we are testing they in cdrom-test.c, so we need to be
  able to config them out.  Notice also that #ifdefs only go in tests/<...>

- virtio stuff: see how we need to also change hw/virtio/virtio-pci.c
  to disable it.  The problem appears in the device-instropect-test.c.
  As they are defined in the binary, but not complied in.  We can
  change for a registration appreach, but that is more work that what
  I intended for this series.

What do you think?

Later, Juan.

Based-on: address@hidden

Juan Quintela (14):
  check: Only test ipmi when it is compiled in
  check: Only test megasas when it is compiled in
  check: Only test lsi when it is compiled in
  check: Only test esp when it is compiled in
  check: Only test sga when it is compiled in
  check: Only test usb smartcard when it is compiled in
  check: Only test usb storage when it is compiled in
  check: Only test nvdim_acpi when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-balloon when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-serial when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-rng when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-gpu when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-input when it is compiled in
  check: Only test virtio-scsi when it is compiled in

 hw/virtio/virtio-pci.c    | 15 ++++++++++++---
 tests/Makefile.include    | 36 ++++++++++++++++++------------------
 tests/bios-tables-test.c  |  8 ++++++++
 tests/boot-serial-test.c  |  2 ++
 tests/cdrom-test.c        | 10 ++++++++++
 tests/display-vga-test.c  |  4 ++++
 tests/drive_del-test.c    |  6 ++++++
 tests/usb-hcd-uhci-test.c |  5 ++++-
 tests/usb-hcd-xhci-test.c |  9 ++++++++-

2.17.1