[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-arm] [PATCH v3 4/7] target/arm: add "cortex-m0" C
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-arm] [PATCH v3 4/7] target/arm: add "cortex-m0" CPU model
Mon, 30 Jul 2018 18:51:27 +0100
On 27 July 2018 at 06:26, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
> On 07/25/2018 05:59 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
>> Define a "cortex-m0" ARMv6-M CPU model.
>> Most of the register reset values set by other CPU models are not
>> relevant for the cut-down ARMv6-M architecture.
>> Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
>> target/arm/cpu.c | 11 +++++++++++
>> 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+)
>> diff --git a/target/arm/cpu.c b/target/arm/cpu.c
>> index 3848ef46aa..7e477c0d23 100644
>> --- a/target/arm/cpu.c
>> +++ b/target/arm/cpu.c
>> @@ -1255,6 +1255,15 @@ static void arm11mpcore_initfn(Object *obj)
>> cpu->reset_auxcr = 1;
>> +static void cortex_m0_initfn(Object *obj)
>> + ARMCPU *cpu = ARM_CPU(obj);
>> + set_feature(&cpu->env, ARM_FEATURE_V6);
>> + set_feature(&cpu->env, ARM_FEATURE_M);
> What about ARM_FEATURE_THUMB2 (T32)?
No, the M0 doesn't have Thumb2. It has Thumb1 plus a tiny set
of 32-bit instructions (which we deal with specially in translate.c).
(As it happens we generally can't get to the checks on the THUMB2
feature for a v6M core, so I think but have not checked thoroughly
that it would make no difference to QEMU's behaviour whether the
feature bit was set or not.)
> Peter: Since the M0 (optionally?) supports 32x32 multiply, should this
> cpu use the ARM_FEATURE_THUMB_DSP feature? Else this might trigger an
> 'Undefined Instruction' in disas_thumb2_insn().
ARM_FEATURE_THUMB_DSP only enables checks in disas_thumb2_insn()
(and 32x32->32 multiply is not one of the insns it gates).
The only insns in that function that a v6M core can execute are
msr, mrs, dsb, dmb, isb and bl, none of which are affected by that
> And what about optional ARM_FEATURE_PMSA?
> Oh this would be cortex_m0plus_initfn() for "cortex-m0-plus", ok.
Yep, plain M0 has no MPU (and so we're postponing the work
of implementing the v6M PMSA, which IIRC isn't quite the
same as the v7M one).
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-arm] [PATCH v3 1/7] hw/arm: rename armv7m_load_kernel(), (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 2/7] hw/arm: rename TYPE_ARMV7M to TYPE_ARM_M_PROFILE, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 3/7] hw/arm: make bitbanded IO optional on ARM M Profile, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 4/7] target/arm: add "cortex-m0" CPU model, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 5/7] loader: add rom transaction API, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 6/7] loader: Implement .hex file loader, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 7/7] Add QTest testcase for the Intel Hexadecimal, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 0/7] arm: add Cortex M0 CPU model and hex file loader, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/07/25